Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sofa Table of my Dream

I had a dream one night that I had a sofa table. In this dream, I built the sofa table with three pieces of wood and some L-brackets. I woke up with the feeling that this is one of my dreams that could be realized with relatively little effort.

So I went to Home Depot, bought a very long piece of wood (that’s what she said), and had them cut it to my specifications. I also bought a bunch of L-Brackets.

215_3648 (Small)

I used three L-Brackets for connecting the legs to the top. This is the first time I used my new power-drill since I got it in Dec 2009 :).

215_3649 (Small)

This is the unpainted table. It was sitting unpainted for a few weeks because I didn’t have paint. And in the background, I’m pretty sure I was watching Hannah Montana.
215_3654 (Small)

I finally bought black paint. I want the base color of my living room to be black. I think this paint is almost black, but it’s close enough for me!
215_3721 (Small)

More painting shots. Look at my table with its legs up in the air.

215_3722 (Small)

The sofa table in action! I had a conversation with some of my co-workers on why I called it a sofa and why they called it a couch, but I don’t think there is any difference.

215_3793 (Small)

Side view!

215_3794 (Small)

I love it! So gorgeous :) And you can see a small part of my gallery wall in the mirror.

215_3795 (Small)

This table cost me approximately 30$ to build and maybe 3 hours.

Also, follow me on twitter @nidhizzle. Hopefully this one won’t be like the great twitter addiction of ‘09.

1 comment: