Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I ain’t no challah back girl

When Dov was visiting last weekend for Genevieve’s wedding, we made challah because he saw my French bread post. This is mostly a picture post because I have no idea what the challah recipe is :(

Here is the braided bread, pre-oven.

215_3639

Dov is sprinkling the $0.78 worth of poppy seeds that we bought from the West Side Market that morning. I still have so many poppy seeds left with nowhere to put them (but mostly because I don’t have the perfect challah recipe and Dov took his recipe book back)!

215_3640

Right out of the oven, all beautifully cooked.

215_3642

I made bhindi, because, well, we both like bhindi (or okra, if you don’t know what bhindi is.)

215_3644

The challah can also be used as something else if you don’t want to eat it with bhindi…

215_3645

Dip it in egg, place on the frypan…

215_3657

And you get beautiful French toast (which is neither French nor toast). Mmm soo soo good.

215_3647

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that last photo is fabulous! I feel like grabbing it off the screen and eating it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love bread. this stuff looks so so so good.

    ~Lindsay (i didn't feel like signing into anything)

    ReplyDelete