Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Morning After the Rain

Apparently there were heavy thunderstorms last night. I woke up several times due to large amounts of rolling thunder. I love rain. Today morning’s lack of sunshine and not-so-hot weather made me want something hearty for today’s fooding. I decided on vegetarian shepherd’s pie. 

I started out by sautéing celery, onions, carrots (the mirepoix) as well as red and green bell peppers. 

215_0429 
While these were simmering, I thawed three Boca patties for the “meat”. I ran them through my itty bitty food processor to give them a crumbly consistency.

215_0434

I also chopped up a couple of Roma tomatoes and then mixed the veggies, patties, and tomatoes together – I spread this mixture at the bottom of a Pyrex dish.

215_0437

On top of this, I spread the lazy girl’s mashed potatoes…INSTANT! I made the instant mashed potatoes with a little bit of Italian seasoning and garlic powder. I baked the pie for approximately 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

215_0441

I may or may not have had two servings! :) Shepherd’s pie is just so filling and hearty.

215_0442

A mini-project I did today was a thank you card. It was my first attempt at quilling, and I have to say that it went splendidly! It was way easier than I thought.

215_0445

No comments:

Post a Comment