Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tyra taught me everything I know

As you know, faithful readers of my blog, number 13 on my “24 before 24” list is to audition. Straight up audition. And that’s exactly what I did yesterday.

I was browsing my local metromix site and saw that there is a local fashion show that was holding auditions at Pickwick and Frolic on E. 4th downtown. So I decided to audition!

Here’s the stage I walked on.

215_0519

I was wearing the silver heels that you saw in my last post and the outfit I wore to work.  I walked really fast, and I smiled. I don’t think they’ll pick me. All the girls that I met there weren’t there on a silly blogging whim but were actually part of the Cleveland modeling circuit and knew each other.

I learned that the metromix cleveland site is run by three people, and two of them were at the event!

Here is 2/3 of the metromix team and a model being photographed.

215_0521

Erica, one of the metromix girls, got bored and so I told her to drop and give me twenty. I swear, this is the first time that anyone has actually dropped and given me twenty when I asked. :) She claims that she is going to help me reach my goal of a 5k in 30 minutes, though I’m sure that no one can make that happen…

215_0524

The other metromix girl, Janet, is a budding dry-erase artist.

215_0523 

And me? Maybe one day I’ll be ready for my close-up. Though I hear twenty-three is the tail end of a modeling career :) Isn’t it funny how I just wrote a post about me auditioning to be a model, yet there are no pictures of me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment