Thursday, November 27, 2014

Mini Pumpkin Pies

I love pumpkin pies, no whipped cream. My mom told me this morning, “I’m making pumpkin soup!” and I immediately got sad that she would be using the only can of pumpkin that we had in the house for the soup. I went through some scenarios in my head: we could split it 50-50 and she could make a half batch of soup and I could make half a pumpkin pie; I could just make the pumpkin pie before she has the chance to make the soup; I could hide the pumpkin pie can and then “find” it after she left for work.

In the end, she made pumpkin soup with 3/4 of the can and I was left with a tiny amount with which to do something. I decided to make bite-sized pumpkin pies.

Filling:
1/4 can pumpkin
2 tbsp evaporated milk
Sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon to taste
Crust:
6 tbsp flour
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water

Mix up your crust ingredients and then make into small rounds. Refrigerate for about 40 minutes, then bake at 375F for 5 minutes.
imageimage

Mix your filling ingredients, then spoon them on top of your rounds. Bake at the same temperature for about 10 minutes.
imageimage

Take them out, let them cool, then eat them. Offer one to your younger brother even though he hates pumpkin pie, and then look disgusted when he puts one inside of his mouth, decides not to eat it, and then puts it back on the tray. Make him eat it anyway. He still hates pumpkin pie.

image

1 comment:

  1. How does your brother not like pumpkin pie??? These look amazingggg!!

    ReplyDelete