Thursday, November 27, 2014

Grey Sweater Embellishment

I’m in Michigan this week for super fun Thanksgiving times, and looking for crafts to do because I forgot all of my craft supplies in Chicago. My parents have a limited amount of craft supplies, like needles, thread, and glue.
My mom and I decided to clear out her costume jewelry cabinet, because she loves costume jewelry. We found this little delicate bracelet. Oh wow, I am amazing at taking pictures.
image
I decided to embellish this grey sweater. It’s a fine sweater, normal, but since I’m trying to buy fewer clothes AND I was sick of this sweater, I thought it’d be a great idea to alter it.
image
I positioned the bracelet in the middle of the sweater and then stitched it to the sweater. Here is what it looks like.
image
Embellished necklines are great in winter when you don’t feel like wearing necklaces because the dumb necklace always gets tangled up in your scarf. Wearing necklaces and scarves simultaneously is such a chore. You have to match a sweater, a necklace, AND a scarf. Matching is a chore, also. This is why I make most of my fashion choices choosing to power clash, not that you really can power clash gray and diamonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment