Monday, July 23, 2012

Covered Metallic Boxes

Metallics are SO in right now. Or they were very recently. Whatever, I’m a busy girl. I can’t keep up with trends. I saw these lovely metallic boxes on Design*Sponge like a month ago and kept it unread in my Google reader until today, when I decided to emulate them.

So lazy. So hot. If I had been born with balls, I would not have them anymore because I would have sweated them off.

I stole this gorgeous wrapping paper from a bridal shower that I helped plan recently, and the entire party thought I was a weirdo. I’M A HOARDER ARTS AND CRAFTS ARRRGH!

DSCN1282 (Small)

Also I’m addicted to Payless so I have lots and lots of extra shoeboxes. And what are shoeboxes good for, if not storage? (Answer: holding shoes.)

DSCN1283 (Small)

I covered the box with the metallic wrapping paper. It took less time than I expected, but more time than wrapping an actual gift. Because real crafters use glue, not tape. I’m totally kidding, real crafters do what they want. FEMINISM!

DSCN1285 (Small)

Two boxes! Step one: You cut a hole in the box.

DSCN1300 (Small)

But don’t ever Step Two: You put your junk in that box. BECAUSE THAT’S YUCKY.

2 comments: