Monday, February 13, 2012

Faith and George Michael

George Michael is one of my 80s crushes (yes, from the ages of 0-3) and ‘Faith’ is probably one of my favorite songs. (Ohmygah, he is so gorgeous in that music video, especially at the beginning when it’s like 5 minutes of his tight jeans.) I painted this mini-poster on August 29, 2011 when I felt like I was losing faith (in I don’t know what). (I know this because I posted it on facebook, and barely anyone commented. Assholes! Why does anyone post anything on facebook anyway?) I made this by using MSpaint to somehow make the words approximately the same width and then using my famed trace method.

DSCN0486 (Small)

Yesterday, after making my beautiful Ohio watercolor (not to be confused with the Beautiful Ohio plates), I had the spectacular idea to somehow paint George Michael in watercolor onto this very plain poster.

So I found this photo of George Michael on the internet with his signature sunglasses. I want your sex.

George_Michael (Small)

Then, I used fauxtoshop (GIMP) to change this into a stencil type thingy by using some internet tutorial. Easy!

george michael (Small)

Traced it onto the sheet and purple watercolored the jitterbug out of it.

 DSCN0487 (Small)

I touched up some of the black lettering, because even though watercolor is mostly clear, it’s not all the way clear, so some of the lettering had splotchiness. He looks stupid hot in purple.

DSCN0491 (Small) DSCN0495 (Small)

You gotta have faith-a-faith-a-faith. Also I think this encyclopedia article is about coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I have faith-a-faith-a-faith-uh in coffee.

    For the record.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love it! also i've never heard gimp called fauxtoshop, but i love it... and gimp! w00t! :)

    ReplyDelete