Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cleveland Watercolor

I grew up in Michigan and supposedly should hate the state (Ohio) that I live in. Well, I still hate TOSU, but I’ve grown to love the city (Cleveland) that I live in.

I so stole this idea from this blogpost. I was like, ‘omg that is so brills I must have one for my walls’ and true to form, I painted it on encyclopedia paper. UNFORTUNATELY, I tore all the ‘Cleveland’ pages out in a frenzy when I realized that I had the Cleveland encyclopedia entry, and then I apparently promptly went on a cleaning frenzy and recycled them because now they’re nowhere to be found. So I painted them on the ‘Verse’ page.

This super accurate outline of Ohio was done by holding my paper upto the computer screen and tracing an image from Google. And that, my friends, is how I gained my wonderous drawing skillz.

DSCN0480 (Small)

I then plopped down on my couch, turned on the most recent episode of Gossip Girl, ultimately decided I do want to be in a relationship but only with a prince, and started having a go at it with the blue and green watercolors.

DSCN0482 (Small)DSCN0483 (Small)

Then I framed it and now it’s hanging on my wall. Gorgeous, right? There’s a heart where Cleveland’s supposed to be, just since Cleveland’s stolen my heart several times since I’ve moved here. ♥ /gag.

DSCN0485DSCN0485 (Small) 

Congrats to the Valentine’s Day winners, Ish and PM (won via random.org because I somehow managed to get more than 2 comments)! I’ll mail them to you and they should get to you by St. Patrick’s Day.

2 comments:

  1. aksdfjioasdufaskdfj

    YOU ARE SO. TALENTED.

    I am honored to have you as an older sister :)

    <3 <3 <3 t-dawgizzle

    also, the security code word verification for this inbox is "wallyes", which I find fitting, because it's like walleye, which is a fish native to our fair Cleve...right? :/ I might have just provided written evidence just now of how little I know about Ohio's native species lololol.

    ilu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed how well you stayed inbetween the lines!!! It would have been so cool to paint it on a Cleveland page. Stop recyling and start hoarding!!! Also, I love you were watching Gossip Girls, but I want to strangle Blaire this season!

    ReplyDelete