Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Too Sexy for my Sweatshirt

The University of Michigan apparel store was switching, so the former store had all the items on their website listed on clearance. I went a little crazy. I now own Michigan fuzzy dice (but they’re not in my mirror because they totally flop around), a Michigan softball, and a bunch of other clothing paraphernalia.

I acquired this beautiful size M Michigan Alumna sweatshirt (I didn’t know that alumna was the feminine singular of alumni. I thought it was alum!) and the fit was just totally off.

215_2166

Totally, totally off.

215_2169

Luckily, with the help of my sewing machine, I can now wear it with even more Michigan pride. I added a little bit of gray t-shirt fabric to the sleeves and the same fabric to the hips to make them longer.

215_2252

Rawr. I’m a model if you know what I mean and I do my little turn on the catwalk. I fill up the entire doorway with my stance. and I’m wearing tights like pants.

215_2253

The back. Wait, no, that’s just me figuring out how to use the timed settings on my camera and failing.

215_2256

There’s the back! I have a seam running down the back. I think it adds to the aesthetic appeal of the sweatshirt.

215_2257

‘What is that girl wearing on her head?!’ you may ask. Well, friends, it’s an anthro-inspired headband. I used it as part of my Psyche costume but kind of like how it looks in general. And since I don’t knit, I have to use up my oodles of yarn somehow! Some would even say that it looks like a sweatband. That means it goes perfectly with my sweatshirt.

215_2254  
Happy sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment