Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Greek financial crisis has no effect on food tastiness…

My good friend and psuedotwin Grishma decided to take on an “Olympic-sized” endeavor for her mother’s birthday. (I’m full of puns today. It’s probably good that I didn’t write this post.)

She wrote a guest blog post for me!

----------------------------------------

Because we’re twins, Nidhi decided I should write a guest blog post. So, to all her regular followers, here goes nothing…

It was my mom’s birthday today, so my brother and I decided to be all worldly and cook her a Greek dinner.

Issue #1: I’m not sure my mom even knows exactly what constitutes Greek cuisine.

Issue #2: I’m not sure I can cook Greek food without messing it up.

But, since it was rainy and frigid in Michigan (in the middle of MAY!), and I had nothing to do, I experimented in the kitchen… I think the dishes turned out decently.

Greek Salad (crap, I forgot the olives!)

clip_image002

Fried Zucchini (courtesy of Shlok, my brother… also, sorry for the blurry picture.)

clip_image004

Tzatziki dip with pita crisps (tasty, albeit slightly burnt…)

clip_image006 clip_image008

Spanakopita (what’s with the blurry pictures?!)

clip_image002[6]

…and, for dessert, baklava! (I halved the amount of honey and sugar in the recipe and it was STILL too sweet!)

clip_image004[5]

And, that’s about it. That’s my guest blog post, because that’s what twins do. Thanks for bearing with my writing (I’m a science student for a reason). Nidhi’s posts are way more interesting.

--------

Doesn’t that dinner look blurrily yummy? I already ate dinner but now I’m salivating…Thanks a lot, twinny!!

2 comments:

  1. lol 0 comments until now.

    hi nidhi, sorry. i'm just using the opportunity to pick on grishma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no one comments on my blog, shlok! you just commented though :)

    ReplyDelete