Monday, May 10, 2010

Adventures in Breadmaking

I made bread this weekend. From scratch. SO GOOD.

I experimented with breadmaking on Saturday by making a tiny loaf with Italian seasonings and pepper on top.

So simple. You mix flour, water, yeast, salt and sugar and basically let it rise for as long as you like. Then you bake it!

215_0232215_0234

Because of the success of my first loaf, I decided to bake a second larger loaf on Sunday for sandwiches and stuff.

215_0236

And I guess I need to find out a better way to cut bread because the slices are very thick. Fresh bread is the best! Maybe I should try sourdough next? Apparently that takes two or more weeks.

215_0244

Sidenote: I also made bruschetta (and realized it is pronounced broos-ketta because I am attempting to teach myself Italian or something) The bread-toast is made from Jimmy John’s bread (SO good!) and the topping is tomatoes, cilantro, onion, rice vinegar, and salt&pepper.

215_0241

And this brings us to the Quote of the Day: “You can’t substitute starch for men.”

But you can substitute the Brownie Husband...

No comments:

Post a Comment