Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday always invariably turns into the day I eat half my kitchen

So I thought I would commemorate today with a posting of some cute little foodstuffs I’ve made recently.

At the WestSide Market in Ohio City, I bought a bunch of asparagus yesterday. I always get asparagus because I love, love, love asparagus soup. It’s one of my favorite soups to make (and eat) along with roasted red pepper soup, but that’s a story for another day. Basically, this soup involves boiling a small onion, a bunch of asparagus, and a medium potato in approximately 4 cups of water and a cube of bouillon (veggie bouillon, of course) until all the vegetables are a soggy mess. Then blend it with a couple of spoonfuls of plain yogurt and pepper. Then, strain it (I got a brand new strainer last week that I was so excited to try out!) and slurp it up. I garnished it with a little too much cilantro, but it looks pretty :)

215_0181

Since I’m into this new fad of making my food look yummy, I decided to make this. I sliced up a zucchini, put a dollop of plain yogurt on top, and sprinkled salt and “Italian seasoning” on the yogurt. It ended up looking really cute and tasting delicious. I love-love-love using yogurt as a starter for dip – much healthier than sour cream (and plain yogurt tastes so good).

215_0153

Another thing about this Sunday: I spent approximately 4 hours today reading Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, the love story of the Pioneer Woman. Oh gosh. So romantic. Much better than a Harlequin romance (not that I've ever read one...)

Where is my Marlboro man?
Where is his shiny gun?
Where is my lone ranger?
Where have all the cowboys gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment