Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Air Mail and Birthday Card

My friend’s birthday is on October 30, so I made him this wonderful card.

I painted a card sized piece of manila folder orange and painted a beard on it, since my birthday friend really likes growing beards.

DSCN1354 (Small)DSCN1352 (Small)

Then, I glued it shut inside a piece of brown packaging paper so it would be nearly impossible to open without accidentally paper cutting yourself. Happy Birthday, have a papercut!

DSCN1356 (Small)

For the front, I wanted it to look like vintage airmail, so I cut out a piece of voting reminder mail (REMEMBER TO VOTE, IT IS YOUR DUTY) in a slightly smaller rectangular shape than the “envelope” thing.

DSCN1357 (Small)

Painted red and blue stripes on it…

DSCN1358 (Small)

Brilliant vintage-y look. Love it. Happiest Birthday, Nick!

DSCN1359 (Small)

And HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment