Sunday, January 24, 2010

running through my mind all day

I have a whole bunch of embroidery thread. I don't embroider, and I don't make friendship bracelets, so I had to find a new use for it. I really like peacock feathers, so I had the inspired idea to make one out of embroidery thread. The background is basically a collage of cream colored pictures that I cut from magazine glued onto wood and lightly painted gold. So gorgeous!

It was rainy today and the view from our window was spectacular. There was a light shining on the rain droplets, and tree branches were shadowed onto the window. And a snowman :)


3 comments:

  1. may god damn this blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. so.. wait. did you embroider the wood? or embroider the paper?

    also, it seems an errant soul from YouTube found your blog. not a very imaginative (or truthful!) comment, but i'll give him points for trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that is super pretty - such detailed work! I really love it. Saw you in the Crafting w/Stars collection - good luck!

    ReplyDelete