Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cougar

With the recent premiere of a TVLand show called The Cougar (maybe I forgot about it but I seriously intended to watch!) I felt that this post is necessary.

I've been called a cougar before, mostly by gerbils and other small rodents. Ok, so maybe that's slightly untrue. However, I am in a facebook group called Cougar (for a Lab group) so I think that makes me qualified to write this post.

I was in Austin this past long weekend (maybe it was just long for me because I have about an 8-mo long weekend that I'm currently muddling through) and we went to Hillel for services. So there was this 30ish year lady there.

She was all out, wearing ass-tight jeans and a cleavage-baring top. She started talking to me, sticking her cleavage in my nose, so naturally I asked her what classes she was taking, what her major was, and blah blah blah. I discovered that she's in Calculus and she's majoring in 19 year old boys and student athletes.

Apparently she's had some conquests! I didn't know that Cougars actually got any. I almost asked her if she was a Cougar, but I'm sure she wouldn't have been too happy with that question from a girl she just met.

I can't wait til I'm 35 and can be a Cougar.

:Edited to Add: I just watched 20 minutes of The Cougar because they are showing repeats of it. This lady does not look talk like she's 40.

Quotes from the younguns:
"You do not look old enough to be a cougar...wait, that's wrong."
"I hope this cougar likes herself some lamb, because I am young and tender."

:ETA Some More: My friend (24) (who wishes to remain anonymous [because it's someone you might know]) has recently dated a cougar (42). Apparently my friend likes cougars, which I didn't know before, and this lady was barely on facebook (6 friends and a forgotten password)! Haha. Ok the reason he likes cougars is because they don't play games, and they just are what they are. She doesn't flake out, she's not about status and doesn't act like she's too good to be around you. So basically because she's not a girl, she's a woman! (Way past the in-between stage).

I dunno, I know a lot of girls that are my age (22) and still manage to find guys their age (22) that can put up with girly-ness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment