Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cilantro-Jalapeño Hummus

I made pico de gallo earlier this week, and anyone has used cilantro knows that buying a bunch is almost always too much cilantro! What to do with it? Should it sit in my fridge as I promise myself day after day that I’ll do something with it? Should I throw it out right away to prophesize the inevitable? OR should I get an idea from my Google Buzz feed that Cilantro Jalapeño hummus might be delicious?!

Ingredients
-2 cans Chick Peas
-1/2 bunch Cilantro (the leftover)
-1 Jalapeño (incidentally, also leftover from my pico de gallo)
-4 tablespoons lime juice
-3 cloves fresh garlic (unless you’re a vampire), roasted (I microwaved mine)
-2 tablespoons tahini sauce, if you have it
-salt to taste

Throw everything in your blender and blend it until smooth-ish. If your blender was like mine and refused to blend it, add a little water until it starts blending smoothly.

The ingredients posed for a picture before mixing it up.

215_2263

Cilantro-garlic shot.

215_2264

The blending process didn’t go as smoothly as I had hoped it would.

215_2265

But I made it blend by mixing with my trusty mixer, the spoon.

215_2266

Doesn’t that look scrumptious?

215_2268

This is probably my favorite hummus ever. It tastes sort of like green chutney, which is basically all the same ingredients minus the chick peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment